Free webinar for National Burn Awareness Day 2021
On Wednesday 13th October, we will be enhancing the National Burn Awareness Day programme with a free webinar on the subject of burn prevention and first aid.
The online event, which begins at 1pm, is aimed at parents, carers, grandparents, childcare professionals, teachers, health and social care professionals, and anyone with an interest in child safety. Expert speakers, including specialists from NHS Burns Services, will share with attendees how they can prevent an injury from happening and the right First Aid to administer if an accident does occur.
- Kristina Stiles: Orthoplastic Clinical Nurse Specialist at King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Nadeem Khwaja: Consultant Burns,Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, UHSM & RMCH, Manchester, UK.
- Vicky Dudman: Occupational Therapist at Mid Essex Hospitals
- Katrina Phillips: Chief Executive at Child Accident Prevention Trust
- Alison Tweddle: Operations Manager at the Children’s Burns Trust
About National Burn Awareness Day
National Burn Awareness Day is an annual event run by the Children’s Burns Trust and British Burn Association to raise awareness about burn prevention and good first aid, which are the key to reducing the number of burns and scalds occurring each year, especially in children and the elderly.
This year’s National Burn Awareness Day is on Wednesday 13th October.
How to register
For further information about National Burn Awareness Day visit: https://www.cbtrust.org.uk/national-burn-awareness-day/
National Burn Awareness Day will be covered extensively on social media via @CBTOfficial, with the dedicated hashtag #beburnsaware